Dangote Foundation-VDMA Technical Training Programme 2022 for young Nigerians.
Application Deadline: April 30th 2022
The Aliko Dangote Foundation-VDMA partnership involves the collaboration between the Aliko Dangote Foundation, the VDMA (Mechanical Engineering Industry Association) and its Foundation for Young Talent in Mechanical Engineering (Nachwuchsstiftung Maschinenbau gGmbH – NWS). The idea of establishing a shared Vocational Skills Training Programme arose from a shared vision about addressing the serious deficit in vocational skills required in the manufacturing sector in Nigeria.
These organizations have both been involved in promoting dual track technical and vocational training and education for many years. In addition to that, the enhancement of the Nigerian-German relationship between companies and related institutions is another key matter of importance.
The training centre at the Dangote Academy provides a unique opportunity for an institutionalized get-together and experience exchange.
The newly built-up facility at the Dangote Academy in Obajana provides perfect conditions for technical trainings with modern classrooms, highly-qualified trainers, sophisticated learning tools and state-of-the-art training equipment – mostly provided by German companies. The training centre also functions as a central meeting place and venue for Nigerian and German companies.
• Admission age bracket: 16–22 years
• Educational background: 5 credits in O’ Level Sciences
• Possession of one of the following certificates: WAEC (SSCE), NABTEB(NTC), NECO (SSCE)
• Applicant must be a graduate of a Technical College
The course programme focuses on three core disciplines:
• Short Courses Mechanical Programme
• Short Courses Electrical Programme
• Full Trade Vocational Training Mechanical Programme
It consists of:
– seven short courses for advanced training which last between 2 and 4 weeks. and
– a 30-months professional, dual full trade vocational training course
The first batch will run for 18 months; successful trainees would proceed for another 12-month training to become Industrial Mechanics. This makes it a total of 30 months.
- The training takes place at Dangote Academy, the Dangote Training Centre in Obajana where the partners have built up additional training facilities for the Nigerian-German training project. This state of the art centre is equipped with modern classrooms, computer and technical drawing rooms as well as with electrical, automation, instrumentation and mechanical workshops.
- There are also accommodations for the students, a cafeteria and an administrative wing. Modern leisure facilities are in planning and will round off a pleasant stay on the Dangote Academy Campus.
For More Information: