The Mastercard Foundation aspires to create a world in which everyone has the chance to study and flourish. The Foundation collaborates with partners through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV initiative to ensure that millions of young people, particularly young women, have access to quality education, financial services, and dignified jobs. When Mastercard became a public business in 2006, it generously formed the Mastercard Foundation. The Foundation is self-sustaining, with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, Mastercard Foundation work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- Candidates must be a resident of and residing in the country where the post is advertised.
- Minimum work experience 0-2 years.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties with changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics or related field.
Duration Of Internship
Click the lock below to read about the different categories for countries eligible for the internship program.
For more information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Mastercard Foundation Graduate Internship 2022