Apply for the Pan African University Scholarships (PAU) 2022-2023: Fully Funded by the African Union Commission: PAU Scholarship
DEADLINE: 15 September 2022
About the Pan African University Scholarships (PAU Scholarship)
The Pan African University is an initiative of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union. It is a Premier continental university network whose mission is to provide quality postgraduate education geared towards the achievement of a prosperous, integrated and peaceful Africa.
Young, qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join Masters or PhD degree programmes at any of the following four PAU institutes listed below. Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
To see the list of the institutes and programs please check the page “Institutes & programs”
The African Union Commission identified critical themes within the five institutes of the Pan African University, as key to the development of Africa and attainment of the vision of the African Union. These are hosted in the different PAU Institutes as follows:
Admission Requirements for Masters Programmes
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions
- Maximum age of 30 years for male and 35 years for female applicants
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts (from university and high school)
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm)
- Detail CV
- Recommendation letter from ONE of his/her former University lecturers
- Names of 3 Reference University lecturers (with email adress and whatsapp number) (*Mandatory)
Admission Requirements for Doctoral Programmes
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Maximum age of 35 years for male and 40 years for female applicants;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field from PAU or any internationally recognized university;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts
- Passport or National I.D. card (personal details page);
- Clear colored passport size photograph (2cmx2cm);
- Detail CV;
- Recommendation letters from 2 Professors;
- A 3 to 4 page Research Concept Note (tentaive title, research questions, objectives, significance of the research etc…);
- Names of 3 Reference University Teachers (with email adress and whatsapp number);(Mandatory);
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written/oral examination after pre- selection.
- Candidates for the Master in Conference Interpreting and Translation programmes are required to have excellent knowledge of at least two of the African Union’s official languages (Arabic, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese).
The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
Reasons to join PAU
- Excellent programmes taught by world class faculty;
- A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
- Attractive scholarship scheme;
- Joint degree awards from the Pan African University and its Host Universities;
- Excellent career prospects in some of the fastest growing industries, with relevant career guidance; and
- Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African learning and research environments.