Remote Content Marketing Manager Needed at Bloc Ltd
Bloc (TechAdvance Limited) is a payment application development company with a strategic focus on developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Marketing Manager
About the role
- Every brand needs to talk with its customers and content is a big percentage of how brands talk. The best brands are kings of content, strengthened by communities – constantly telling their stories in more creatives than one. We want to be like that.
- In this role, we need a visionary – someone who can understand Bloc’s story in ways that the average person cannot. Someone who’s very curious and knows how to ask the right questions; is very creative and can play with constraints.
- Someone who understands content beyond the requirement of creation. Through emails, SEO and writing, they can use content to achieve a significant impact on the company.
What you’ll do
- Work with Brand & Marketing to develop and manage the content marketing strategy of Bloc (and its companies), where applicable.
- Join a small team of writers and marketers in the Brand & Marketing team who will manage all our marketing efforts as a company on all channels (social media, PR, internal communications, email, etc)
- Craft every detail of content projects from ideation through to delivery, in collaboration with the team.
- Create and execute content ideas for the company blog – articles, interviews, product announcements, etc
- Develop and manage our email marketing channel – improving conversion and brand experience for our customers.
- Revamp our digital footprint by improving, monitoring and managing our SEO performance.
- Learn about our products, employees and users to help create experiences that will deepen their relationship with us.
- Think of new ways to tell the Bloc story – show them what the brand stands for, what they can expect from the product experience and what it means for them.
Requirements / Skills you need
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications
- Excellent research and writing skills. You know how to ask the right questions, find answers and write well.
- Very proficient with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), email marketing and content writing.
- Can work with a team. You understand that you are only as good as your team, and are committed to making the team successful.
- 3+ years of content management (or similar roles) experience.
- A keen eye for excellence. You know what good writing is, and understand what it takes to make it great.
- Can manage projects effectively and efficiently.
- Understands the importance of deadlines, and meets them religiously.
- Pays obsessive attention to detail.
Stand out with:
- A passion for documentation. You know how to write and can write well.
- Is familiar with content management systems (WordPress, etc)
- Practical experience with the following skills: graphic design, content writing
- Experience managing media teams
- We hire people because they are good people and talented at what they do. People with different backgrounds, beliefs, religions, and perspectives are welcome as long as they share our values and vision for the continent.
- We do not discriminate in hiring.
- While educational qualifications are a nice-to-have, we prioritise skill level, attitude and culture fit over all else.
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote. Work from anywhere you want (across the world).
- Flexible working hours. Work the best way you know how, whether you are an early bird or a night owl.
- Health insurance.
- Learning & development. Get assigned a yearly learning budget for courses, books and anything else you may want.
- Remote work allowance. Get coverage for recurring costs (internet, electricity, etc) incurred during remote work
- Reset days. Take time off when you are feeling overwhelmed, no questions asked.
- Gifts from the team at the most random of times.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online