- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys, etc.) to drive user engagement. Watch a short demo here.
- We’re a remote-first, VC-backed startup and currently at ~25 team members, distributed across the Americas and Europe. Learn more about our team, company, and culture here.
- We’re looking for a creative and data-driven Email Marketer with SaaS experience living in Eastern Standard Time/Europe to join our fast-growing Marketing team.
- Salary: $45k-65k + equity. Other benefits include home office budget, company offsite, and more (e.g. health insurance and 401k for US-based folks)
- Our application process is different — we think interviewing isn’t the best way for either party to assess fit, so we try to resemble working together and collaborating.
Why Join Chameleon Now?
This is the best time to join Chameleon: you’d be joining a team that has found its groove and is excited about scaling, and a product that has customer love but with tons of potential to transform how SaaS works. Your work will impact 10s of millions of users.
Our customers (read case studies here) find a lot of value in what we offer, and we have a lot of ideas on what else we can build to make UX easier, more engaging, and more personal.
We’re a team of ~25, up from ~5 about 18 months ago; every person has a significant and material impact on our company’s trajectory and culture. We want to hire people who bring their best selves, who learn and iterate quickly, who are humble and looking to grow, and who are friendly and caring.
🌊 Learn more about our team, culture, and vision in our company page.
What Your Day To Day May Include
- Be responsible for driving engagement for prospects and users via email; you’ll own this channel and collaborate cross-functionality with other teams (CS, Sales, Product)
- Create, optimize, and improve key email flows, including top-of-funnel (e.g. email courses designed to get sign-ups, like this one), middle-of-funnel (e.g. post-webinar follow-ups), high intent (e.g. sequences to ICP fits visiting key pages on our website) and post-sign-up (e.g. onboarding sequences)
- Write compelling, effective, and personable email copy that delights users 😻
- Create user segments based on marketing activities and in-product behavior; we’ve only scratched the surface of what we can do here
- Identify prospects with higher intent and deliver the right content, at the right time to nudge them towards choosing Chameleon
- Experiment, always. You know that all the small tweaks lead to big results down the line; you’ll A/B test subject lines, body copy, button placement, sequence length, etc.
- Track, analyze, and report metrics of email campaign performance
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our customers, their buyer journey, ICPs, and pains/JTBD
Skills and Experience That Will Aid Success in This Role
- 2+ years experience in B2B email marketing – inbound or outbound
- 1+ years of full-time work experience at a startup (<50 employees)
- Experience using email automation tools such as Customer.io (our tool), ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, HubSpot, etc.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS – you can read, tweak, and adjust what’s going on under the hood of email templates
- A strong understanding of other marketing channels; email is your specialty but you know how content, events, paid, and SEO compliment your work
- Skilled at writing short and succinct copy; we treat every email as an “intrusion” into someone’s inbox – our comms always provide value
- You understand that marketing is where data and creativity meet. You have an experimental mindset, and you see experiment failures as an opportunity to learn
- Self-starter; you want to participate in building a company from the ground up
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You are in an Americas or European timezone (i.e. based in 🇨🇦 🇺🇸 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇬🇧 🇫🇮 🇵🇹 🇪🇺 etc.)
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Key Benefits For This Role
💵 Competitive salary and early-stage equity. Range US $45-65k (offer will be based on your experience and geography)
🚀 High quality standards, regular feedback, and opportunities to help you grow quickly
🌳 Flexible work hours and unlimited vacations
💻 New Macbook and budget for home office equipment
📚 Allowance for books and other personal learning resources
🧘 Allowance for mindfulness/meditation app subscription
💡 Work with some of the best product people in the world as customers
🏕️ Fully-paid international team retreats (next one likely in mid 2022)
Mikka (previous applicant) wrote to us and said: “I just wanted to say thank you for creating a unique and thoughtful application process. Far too often it feels like a company isn’t all that concerned with who they’re hiring as much as they are the bottom line but in your process, I feel as though I really got to show you who I am, demonstrate my ability, and gain a clear understanding of the work I am applying for.”
🌈 Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren’t required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That’s what helps us all grow and evolve.
- Fill out our application form below This won’t look like others; it won’t be tedious and robotic, but will engage you in similar ways as the job. It will also mean we can more quickly get back to you if we are moving forward. It will also mean we can make the process quicker — our goal is 2 weeks chat to project.
- Introductory chat (30 mins, within a few days of submitting your application) Here you can ask any questions you have for us. We’ll also discuss your application and start to get to know you.
- Take-home exercise (~2 hours, shared ~1-2 days after your intro chat) This will be a technical exercise that will resemble the kind of work you be doing in your job at Chameleon, to help you and us assess whether this is a good fit.
- Take-home debrief discussion (45 mins, a few days after you submit the take-home) If we’re impressed with your exercise, we’ll schedule a call to discuss it with you to understand why you made certain decisions and what you may have done differently
Final interview possible, if needed Here you would meet some other members of the Chameleon team so you can assess whether you’d like to work with us. You can ask any final questions to help you make a decision.
🎉 Reference check and offer 🎉 We’ll give you a call to provide you details of your offer and hopefully agree your start date!