This is a remote position. We are looking for candidates in EU Timezones (GMT 0 to +2)
Grafana dashboards are pretty and all, but no one should be looking at them all day – metrics-based alerting is what lets you worry about other things until the right moment. The Alerting Frontend squad focuses on the UI where users explore alerting thresholds & queries, design alert rules, set up alert routes and notification pathways, manage up to thousands of alert rules, jump off from active alerts to find root causes, and more. We’re a small group (expanding to 6 of us, all in EMEA time zones), developing a crucial part of the expanding Grafana stack.
What we work on
- Contribute to OSS. Open source is at the heart of everything we do at Grafana – we’re not just building for enterprises with deep pockets, also for tiny projects, bootstrapping startups; everyone.
- Collaborate with Product and UX to be sure we’re creating great user experiences that our users care about.
- Implement our designs using clean, reusable components.
- Coordinate our design & implementation with the broader Alerting squad or other teams.
- Our current stack includes React, Typescript, Redux, Emotion, Jest, and Cypress; you’ll have time to study any you don’t know well.
- We get the chance to set aside our regular work and dive into several hackathon projects a year.
We embrace experimentation and lean principles, and encourage everyone to share their ideas and perspectives.
What we are looking for
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key.
- You enjoy learning, growing, and supporting others to do the same.
- You enjoy working as a team. For us, working together means being collaborative, kind, and respectful. We operate by consensus and fairly autonomously. We expect your voice to influence how we work and even our roadmap.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, collect feedback, and build a prototype.
- You are comfortable working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution, with avid followers around the world who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You have a good understanding of a user-centered software development process. You focus on the users’ context and goals, and that guides your design choices.
- You understand the implications of technical choices, how they’ll affect the codebase and the team. You value code maintainability, readability, testing & automation.
- You are able to troubleshoot modern web application issues and work with profilers, debuggers, bundlers, and testing libraries.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Most of the code we work on is OSS, so it’s not unusual to interact with the community. You communicate team choices and plans clearly and carefully in written and spoken English.
- Extra points: if you also have some background in these topics, let us know!
- Prometheus (and even Alertmanager)
- SRE concepts