TAIWAN: Africa Elite Scholarship Programme 2022 for study in Taiwan (Funded)
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2022
Taiwan Ministry of Education (MOE)h as established this scholarship programme in order to help Africa cultivate high-level professionals and to raise the scope of academic exchange.
Fields of study
Various fields of study are on offer.
Visit participating Taiwanese universities websites for English-taught study programmes.
List of participating universities
The scholarships are offered at the following participating universities that offer English-taught programmes.
Candidates must apply directly to the institution of choice before applying for a scholarship.
|Participating University||Number of scholarships available|
|2||Yuan Ze University||1|
|3||National Taiwan Ocean University||1|
|4||National Dong Hwa University||1|
|5||National Tsing Hua University||1|
|6||National Yang-Ming Chiao-Tung University||2|
|7||National Taipei University of Technology||1|
|8||Taipei Medical University||1|
|9||National Taipei University of Nursing and Health Sciences||3|
|11||National ChengChih University||1|
|12||Kaohsiung Medical University||1|
|13||National Cheng Kung University||5|
Must be employed as lecturers in public or private universities or colleges in African countries.
The following are not eligible to apply:
– A Taiwanese national or an overseas Taiwanese student;
– A person who already has and is continuing to maintain student status at any university or tertiary college in Taiwan or a person who used to study in Taiwan as exchange student or double major. This restriction does not apply to a student who will complete a degree and graduate that year. They may apply for a Taiwan Scholarship to pursue a higher degree;
– A person who has already studied in Taiwan for a degree at the same level as the one in which they intend to enroll;
– A person who has held an Africa Elite Scholarship Programme Scholarship for over three years;
– A person who has received any other scholarship or subsidy from any education institution in Taiwan.
– The scholarship offers a monthly allowance of NT$25,000 (R13, 247.09), which covers tuition and miscellaneous expenses (such as insurance, Internet fee, dorm accommodation)
Please note: all other expenses not indicated above are NOT provided by this scholarship and successful scholarship applicants will have to make provision for these costs. It is recommended that scholarship recipients budget between 680 EUR and 880 EUR per month for living in Taiwan.
Students must apply directly to Taiwan Universities. Application forms are available from the universities websites.
For More Information: