About the job
We’re Reloadly. We provide payment APIs for airtime, digital gift cards and digital goods and services built for developers to experiment at scale.
Our mission is to fuel mobile payments around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of mobile payments via APIs for our B2B users across the globe, for any use case. We’re a tech startup company at heart, while competing within a multi-billion industry we aim to remain agile and scrappy along our journey with our day one approach.
There are a few things we look for across all hires at Reloadly, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, transparency, embrace feedback, and act like owners. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about the future of payment APIs, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Design and develop components applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others.
- Work with the team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Ensure clear documentation of created/modified functionality.
- Independently propose and create solutions.
- Drive idea generation with peers and other stakeholder within the organization to identify areas that require improvement.
Required EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2 year of experience developing in back-end Java
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical design Deep technical understanding of Java, Spring (Spring Boot), and Hibernate, RDBMS (MySQL), Maven and Git.
- In addition to the required education and experience, the following attributes are desired
- Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines.
- Be well versed in design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond.
- RDBMS design principles and familiarity with MySQL.
- Unit testing with Junit and mocking frameworks like Mockito or EasyMock or others.
- Solid understanding of RESTWell versed in creating REST services, and consuming SOAP webservices.
- Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking-you’re able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes.
- Be organized and process-oriented.
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they are cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.